Reimagine Your Creative CareerBuilding a Great Design for a Great Journey
What will we be doing?
Over these modules, you will be building maps and ideas to plan your creative career. You will be using tools ranging from art to research to design to create a Design for your Career.
Here’s what we’ll be doing together:
- Explore how you make choices to get what you are, celebrate them, and examine what has influenced you to date
- Dive into your Transferable Skills and target Work Environments, so you are building towards both your strengths and ways of best working in your creative directions
- Expand your best stories into a Super Resume that you can pull from to match the right jobs – and to think about skills and evidence to add to your Super Resume in 3 years that you are building toward for a robust future career
- Understand how companies are using your resume in their Applicant Tracking Systems
- Help you to target your future tribes and communities to help you find and expand your career alternatives
- Build personal models and paths for how you can build creative career choices in the next 3 years
About the Instructor
Gigi Johnson, EdD
15 years ago, Dr. Gigi Johnson co-founded the Maremel Institute, a think tank and program creator focused on community research and multimedia on creativity, new business models, and tech. In April 2020, she rapidly co-launched the Amplify Music 25-hour virtual conference with 30+ great partners. In August 2020, she launched the inspirational “Creative Innovators with Gigi Johnson” podcast. She now is working on research and pilot programs on new careers/careering, tech literacy, reskilling for creative work, and emerging changes around how we work creatively locally/globally.
She also teaches. UCLA has been part of her home for 20 years, where she has taught undergraduates, MBAs, and executives about digital disruption in creative industries. She speaks around the world on digital transformations, both of the past and in the extended future. Before UCLA, she was a corporate banker financing media mergers and acquisitions at Bank of America for ten years. She has her EdD in educational change from Fielding Graduate University, MBA from UCLA Anderson, and BA in film/TV production from USC.
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish.